SERVICES Focus Career 2
FOR STUDENTSReturn to student & alumni page
The Career Center staff are available to advise on career and employment options.
Appointments are usually not necessary, but can be made by calling (435) 652-7737 or by coming to the Career Center located in the Holland Centennial Commons Building Room 531. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Strategies and techniques of career advisors are tailored to the specific needs of the person seeking help. It is likely that the career advisor will do one or more of the following:
- Administer and interpret tests and inventories to assess abilities and interests, and to identify career options.
- Conduct individual and group advising sessions to help clarify career options.
- Assist with resume devleopment, interview skills and job resources.
There is no charge for meeting with a career advisor.
Student Employment and Degreed Positions
For more information, please contact Andrew Skaggs.
FOR EMPLOYERSReturn to employers page
This database will allows you to post full-time degreed
positions and internships, view resumes and portfolios of students
and graduates, and set up interviews all in one place.
Please login or register to get started!
Listing OpportunitiesPost an Internship
Contact Shane Blocker for information on posting an internship.
Post a Part-Time Job
Listing a job with the Career Center allows you the option of
having your job opening posted on the Dixie State University student
employment online job board. Whether you are looking for
permanent career employees or temporary part-time student employees,
this free source of advertising is highly effective for students and
alumni from all academic areas.
The best way to list your job opening with the Career Center is to complete and submit the online job form. http://new.dixie.edu/career/form.php Your request will be posted to the online job board, as long as it meets the following requirements:
- Pay is at least an hourly rate of $8.00/hour.
- It is not a commission only job.
- It does not require up-front fees or purchases before employees can begin working.
- Employment does not depend on recruiting of others for income.
If you have any questions, please call the Employment Coordinator at 652-7737.
To take a listing off the website when a position is filled, please send an email to email@example.com or call 435-652-7669.